Sunday, July 12, 2009

So Many Vacations, So Much Training!

I'm leaving for Vegas tonight, so here you go. Notice that your training peaks this week, then gradually declines toward race day. My experience is that it is very difficult to get 100% of the training in (I never have), but missing one workout per week will not ruin your training. Of course strive for 100% but understand we are not professionals and have responsibilities. Getting proper rest and nutrition between workouts is equally important to the workout.

Week of July 13:
2 swims - 20 minutes each
2 rides - 45 & 60 minutes
2 runs - 25 & 30 minutes
* I recommend 2 bricks this week....fewer workouts to schedule and build endurance
July 18 Alum Creek.....I'll go if you go.

Week of July 20:
2 swims - 20 minutes each
2 rides - 20 & 35 minutes
2 runs - 20 and 25 minutes
* This week is a little lighter, still try for 2 bricks.

Race Week:
1 ride - 20 minutes early in the week
1 swim - 15 minutes
1 run - 15-20 minutes
* A light week...do the short run on Friday.

BTW, my training will vary from this as my schedule dictates. I'll run/swim a lot in Vegas, swim/bike more in Minnesota. I'll be in Minnesota quite a while; more than a week. I will rack up mileage to be sure. Your taper week (July 20) will be my tough week.

No comments:

Post a Comment